WSU Wagyu half-blood heifers and steers auction
Two lots of half-blood feeders for sale
The WSU Beef Center is auctioning approximately 10 Wagyu half-blood heifers and 17 Wagyu half-blood steers. They will be sold as one lot of heifers and one lot of steers.
Steer and heifer details
- Heifers averaging ~600 pounds and steers averaging ~630 pounds by mid-March
- Sires: PB32830, PB6719, FB4230 and FB6135
- Dams are registered Angus or Commercial Angus
- Birth dates range from 03/20/22 to 05/10/22
- Fully vaccinated, poured for lice and drenched for internal parasites
- Weaned on 9/8/22
- Never growth hormones or feed additives
- Bunk broke and receiving chopped hay
- Equipped with EIDs and calm
- Not registered with the American Wagyu Association
- Weights were taken at daybreak on 3/16/23 and averaged for each lot with a 2.5% pencil shrink factored in.
- 17 steers averaged 627 pounds after pencil shrink. Floor bid for steers is $214 cwt.
- 10 heifers averaged 573 pounds after pencil shrink. Floor bid for heifers is $206 cwt.
- You will be able to see the highest bid offered.
- No bids will be accepted after 3 p.m. on 3/16/23, unless they occur within five minutes of the last bid.
After sale, cattle will be maintained free of charge until 3/21/23; after 3/21/23 the buyer will be charged $3 per head per day yardage on lot. Pay for cattle and yardage will happen on day of shipping. Cattle can be picked up at the Ensminger Beef Center in Pullman, Washington at 2154 Country Club Road.
Brent McCann 509-335-3777, 406-590-6469