Michael Phelps was a recipient of a 2021 New Innovator in Food & Agriculture Research Award from the Foundation for Food & Agriculture Research (FFAR). This award is granted to a select few early career scientists conducting research to overcome challenges faced by our food and agriculture systems.
Jerry Weber, manager at the department’s Farm Shop retired after more than 35 years of service.
The following people received Length-of-Service Awards:
- Damon Burke – 15 years
- Jeremy Heiss – 15 years
- Nancy Irlbeck – 5 years
- Jennifer Michal – 30 years
Kaitlyn Wright joined the Animal Sciences team as a recruiter and advisor.
Congratulations to our graduate students who were recognized for their achievements
- Kassie Stadler placed first in the WSU GPSA Research Expo.
- Jasmine Richman won third place in the WSU Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- Jasmine Richman was the named an Outstanding Graduate for 2022 by the WSU Association for Faculty Women
- Caitlin Fitzpatrick was a Crimson award winner for her research in Holly Neiberg’s lab presented at 2021 SURCA.
Undergraduate students named 2022 American Society of Animal Science Scholastic Achievement winners: